View Full Version : Your opinion - Dataviz vs. WM6

Pete Paxton
02-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I noticed that Dataviz' Documents to Go was a staggering $69.99. With the announcement of WM6 they recently dropped the price to $29.99. It includes these features: "word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, PDF and decompression application". I think $30 is a good price for this but since I have a Dash maybe I should wait for the WM6 update. What do you think? Do I have to have Vista on my PC to be able to upgrade to WM6? Will WM6 give me all these features? Thanks for your imput.

Jerry Raia
02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
That is the big question, what features will WM6 actually have. I plan on waiting myself. Now if I had a pressing need for the capability, the price is well worth it.

Pete Paxton
02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
If you had to guess, how long do you think it will be before we actually see a WM6 upgrade for the current Dash?

Jerry Raia
02-13-2007, 12:01 AM
I am guessing, a least a month.

Mike Temporale
02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
A month? I hope that's all. Usually it's a 3-4 months after announcements. However, things have changed this time around. WinMo6 was released to ODMs a while ago. It was just officially announced yesterday. So there's a chance that the traditional time may be reduced. But it's hard to say.

Jerry Raia
02-13-2007, 04:27 PM
That's kind of what my thinking is. Still, I added "at least". :lol:

dstrauss
02-23-2007, 04:28 PM
With no upgrade in sight for the Blackjack, I took the Dataviz plunge and am very happy with its feature set. If history is any indicator, it will be more "full bodied" than any version of Mobile Office that M$oft puts out. E.G. - the recent disclosure that WM6 Office does not directly let you start new docs or spreadsheets on Smartphone (oops, I mean Standard) devices - you need to use the "blank read only form" work around to create new documents. Only M$oft in its infinite wisdom could make that decision for its customers.

Gavino1212
02-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Another good question is will the Dash have the processing speed for WM6? Not sure, but I think I read somewhere that 400mhz is recommended & I think the Dash is around 200. How much memory will WM6 require? I'll stick with WM5 for now.

I took the plunge with Docs To Go and am satisfied with it, but my question is, how do I switch back and forth between the Word & PowerPoint docs I'm editing? On my desktop I click on the toolbar. This is where touch screen would come in handy. Love my Dash though :-)

As it is, I put buttons on the Facade toolbar and go that route by pushing the home button on the Dash and the respective app button.

What does anyone else do?