View Full Version : Question: How to disable activesync using GPRS

Begie
01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
I have a mobile phone with wireless and gprs.
I only want to use gprs at my discression, but i want to use activesync to sync with the exchange server whenever there is a connection via usb or wireless......

Can this be done?

Mike Temporale
01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
In ActiveSync on the phone, you can tell it not to sync during off peak times. You might be able to set these times such that it is always off peak. That should do the trick.

Also, if it's an HTC device, you can use the comm manager to disable Push Email.

Begie
01-30-2007, 09:12 AM
It's not a push email thing.
If you set in activesync to sync every 10 minutes, it will sync every 10 minutes, and if i looked at it correctly, using first usb connection, wireless and if that all fails gprs....

peak and off peak does not matter in this case, because when i'm at work i have access to wireless and want to sync, when i'm on the road to a customer, i don't want to sync using gprs....

Mike Temporale
01-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh, I see what you're trying to do. There's no way to tell it to only sync when wireless network is connected. You'll have to do it manually, or remove the GPRS settings from the phone and then leave it to automatically pull messages every x minutes.