View Full Version : Windows Media Player Error with protected files

galatians51
01-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Hello, I am trying to sync some wma files I have downloaded which are protected. I have a TMobile SDA. WMP on my desktop synced some of them fine, but now I get this error message:

You've encountered error message 80070428 while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

Cannot sync the file
Windows Media Player cannot sync the protected file. Typically, this error occurs when you try to sync a protected file to a Windows Mobile 5.0-based device that cannot handle more than 25 protected files.

Microsoft has revised Windows Mobile 5.0 to fix the problem and has made the fix available to device manufacturers and mobile operators for testing on their devices and for distribution to their customers.

To find out if the update will be available for your device, contact your device manufacturer or mobile operator (the update is not available directly from Microsoft).

I'm having trouble finding this update from TMobile. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mike Temporale
01-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm having trouble finding this update from TMobile. Any suggestions?

Yeah, that's because T-Mobile hasn't released any updates and the chances of seeing one is pretty slim at this point. :(