View Full Version : Using mp3s as Ringtones on Blackjack

b33g33
01-23-2007, 09:28 PM
There is a post on a Cingular support forum that claims copying the mp3 file into the \windows\ folder on your blackjack will allow you to select it as a ringtone. This DID NOT work for me. However, I did discover something that did.

Copy the mp3 instead into your \Application Data\Sounds\ folder and Voila! you will be able to select it as a ringtone.

Just thought I'd share.

Mike Temporale
01-23-2007, 10:30 PM
There is a post on a Cingular support forum that claims copying the mp3 file into the \windows\ folder on your blackjack will allow you to select it as a ringtone. This DID NOT work for me. However, I did discover something that did.

Copy the mp3 instead into your \Application Data\Sounds\ folder and Voila! you will be able to select it as a ringtone.

Just thought I'd share.

Application Data\Sounds has always been the place to drop those files. Whoever said it was the Windows folder was wrong. I sure hope it wasn't a cingular employee. :roll:

Thanks for posting - I'm sure this is a common question, and many new owners might be a little shy about asking. Thankfully, when the look around the forums they will see your post and be better off. 8)

So, how do you like the BJ? It's my favourite Smartphone to-date.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-14-2007, 03:31 AM
I've got a question in a similar vein and I too am a new BlackJack user (this is my first Smartphone device) but when going to Settings>Sounds>Ring Tone and then I select a ringtone and hit menu>play and then nothing happens. It doesn't play nor do I hear anything coming from my device. Is there something I'm doing wrong is there another way to listen to the current ringtones on the device so that I can pick one I like?

--Mr. DB

EDIT:
I'm an idiot..the ringer was just turned all the way down.

Mike Temporale
04-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I was just going to say check the ringer volume of the current profile. ;) Glad you figured it out - and welcome to the site. :D

txcaesar
05-04-2007, 08:11 AM
ok so ive got my wav, mp3, and drm-mp3 in the applications/sound folder, yet whenever i shut down, my contacts do not keep their settings for the ringtones i set for my contacts. any suggestions on this guys?

thanks