View Full Version : Logitech MX5000 BT keyboard and smartphone

Crotia
01-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to connect my logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard to my phone so that I could connect it from time to time to type in tediously long things.

Also, is there any way to just use your computer keyboard through activesync to do it (if not, is there a program just to see your phone's screen through AS)

Thanks

Mike Temporale
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to connect my logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard to my phone so that I could connect it from time to time to type in tediously long things.

Possibly, but it requires profiles and such from Logitech and chances are they aren't included. It wouldn't hurt to try. I was able to connect my ThinkOutside keyboard without using any files from them, but it acted funny.

Also, is there any way to just use your computer keyboard through activesync to do it (if not, is there a program just to see your phone's screen through AS)

Check out Soti's Pocket Controller. I think the URL is http://www.soti.net

Crotia
01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Pocket Controller works great, thanks

Mike Temporale
01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
No problem! 8)

Crotia
01-21-2007, 09:50 PM
hmm, one problem with the app, or maybe i just don't know how to use it properly. I can't seem to figure out how to send a number, i.e. if i were trying to dial a phone number.

It would just save time when going through the menus, rather than having to scroll down to what i want, i could just use the number shortcuts :)

Mike Temporale
01-22-2007, 07:36 AM
huh? You mean the number keys along the top of the keyboard don't work? I haven't noticed that before. I turned off the skins and just used the default window. I don't have it installed right now, but I'm in the middle of a whole big laptop mess. That's another story.