View Full Version : HTC: "We Won't Mimic iPhone"

Mike Temporale
01-18-2007, 10:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/01/12/HNhtclaudsiphone_1.html' target='_blank'>http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/01/12/HNhtclaudsiphone_1.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"'It's a pretty eye-catching design,' said Peter Chou, president and chief executive officer of HTC, during an interview at the International Consumer Electronics Show, but 'we have our own cool stuff coming out as well.' HTC has no plans to follow Apple into the music-handset business, he said, and nor will his company try to mimic the new design. HTC has also not been in discussions with Microsoft over a Zune mobile phone, he said. HTC has been a longtime Microsoft partner in the mobile phone and PDA (personal digital assistant) business. 'We need to differentiate ourselves. We will not be successful if we are a copy cat,' he said."</i><br /><br />Apple sure knows how to make a splash. If that had been Dell's first entry into the mobile phone business I don't think we would be seeing such a fuss. Good for HTC to keep on their path and not jump in and start making silly "wanna-be" iPhones. I just hope that HTC's idea of "cool stuff" is more than the ability to finally produce a dust free screen. ;)

Rocco Augusto
01-18-2007, 11:21 PM
...I just hope that HTC's idea of "cool stuff" is more than the ability to finally produce a dust free screen. ;)

wait... they can do that now? ;)

ctmagnus
01-19-2007, 01:33 AM
What I want to see is screen protectors that are designed to prevent dust from getting under them when they're applied. ;)

little john
01-19-2007, 08:55 PM
I hope they atleast mimic the storage space... Its about time we get phones with at least 2gig's of flash memory.

Mike Temporale
01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
I hope they atleast mimic the storage space... Its about time we get phones with at least 2gig's of flash memory.

Samsungs i300 does that already - I think they upped it to 4GB too. Although, it is HD and not Flash. I never understood why they went with teh hard drive. You would think they might have a clue about it's power consumption compared to Flash memory. :?