View Full Version : how do you rate songs on media player smartphone edition?

triman
01-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey guys,

I download a lot of songs from the net and was looking for a way to tag the bad ones so that i could delete them when I connect my dash to the comp. Naturally, i tried the rating system in media player. The problem is that I can't see the ratings when i connect my device to the comp. I tried syncing with WMP on my desktop but the ratings still don't show up.

Any thoughts? If you can suggest another music player that I can tag/ or even delete the song on the go, that would be even nicer!! :lol:

Mike Temporale
01-14-2007, 01:57 PM
The ratings show up for me. You can use the * key toggle the rating while the song is playing back.

triman
01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
How did you get the song into the t-flash card? syncing from media player 11 from your desktop?

Gavino1212
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
That's a very good question that I'd like to know myself. I drag and drop files using Vcomm's Powerdesk 5 instead of windows explorer, and explore the card's files from activesync's explore function.

Seems the Hot Sync of my Palm Zire 31 did more than Active Sync does. I simply cannot find a way to view the contents of my card whilst in WMP11.

Could it be an incompatibility with my phone's WMP10? 8O

Mike Temporale
01-15-2007, 03:52 AM
I copy and paste them over via a USB card reader. It's faster and easier than doing the whole sync thing.

ditch_azeroth
01-24-2007, 10:39 PM
not really sure about this (becuase i almost never sync with WMP) but all the ID3 tags (including the rating) should be saved in your phone if you sync via windows media player. not really a good option for me since i use TCPMP to play almost every audio and video on my phone.