View Full Version : Sprint Adds the Q to its Device Lineup

Jerry Raia
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://sev.prnewswire.com/telecommunications/20070104/CGTH02504012007-1.html' target='_blank'>http://sev.prnewswire.com/telecommunications/20070104/CGTH02504012007-1.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Slim and stylish, the MOTO Q offered from Sprint operates on the Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Platform with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack and gives customers easy access to mobile email, Web, calendar, music, video and phone functionality in one pocket-sized device."</i><br /><br />It looks like we are still only looking at a CDMA Q. The news says it will be released in the business channel later this month and to the general consumer market in mid February. OK great, so where is the GSM Q?

rdecker
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
:roll: Who cares? Do you think it would really be a big seller with the Blackjack and the Dash in the GSM fold??

Jerry Raia
01-05-2007, 11:08 PM
No, at this point I think it will be left in the dust.

Mike Temporale
01-06-2007, 04:40 AM
I think they needed the GSM version out earlier. However, if they manage to stick to the original game plan of releasing new updated versions of the Q with each release, then I would think that the BlackJack and the Dash might have something to be concerned about.

amg212
01-06-2007, 04:36 PM
:roll: Who cares? Do you think it would really be a big seller with the Blackjack and the Dash in the GSM fold??

Absolutely not. A GSM Q would do nothing against an already released BJ or Dash (except for the people who have a pre-existing supply of Motorola accessories). Even if a GSM Q managed to incorporate 3G and WiFi (before the next HTC came out), I don't think it would get there. Whether you believe the Q is a superior device or the Samsung/HTC "equivalents" are better, the reality is that they are too similar to each other for any carrier to be interested in selling more than one in this category.