View Full Version : ActiveSync Outlook Contacts

myrateplan
01-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Trying to Sync between Samsung BlackJack and PC. Seems to be working fine (no errors). My calendar comes across, but Outlook Contacts do not. Only contacts on phone are those I had entered manually.

Contacts are checked for sync and show as processed, but nothing happens.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Mike Temporale
01-04-2007, 04:21 PM
In Outlook on your desktop, are your contacts in a sub folder or in the root of Contacts? ActiveSync won't look into sub folders.

myrateplan
01-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I have two MyContact folders, one is called "Contacts" where I keep everything and its location, per the Properties tab is \\Personal Folders. The 2nd one is called Address Book and that one just has my name... it seems to have been created a while back when I tried to set up a vCard. I don't care about that one, but it is located at \\Personal Folders\Calendar.

So if Personal Folders is the root directory, I guess Contacts is where it should be? If Personal Folders is not the root directory, hwo do I move it?

Thanks

Mike Temporale
01-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Is many of the typical Outlook setups, Personal Folders is the default root folder. If you have more than one email account and depending on how they are setup, this may not be the case. So any contact you want sync'ed to the phone need to be under Personal Folders / Contacts. Make sure you don't have any other folders under Contacts - like: Personal Folders / Contacts / Work - any contact card in the work folder will not be sync'ed.

ditch_azeroth
01-08-2007, 06:36 PM
im not really sure if it works the same way but when you sync, you can set which data to sync - contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. just double check to see if you have set your contacts to sync as well ^_^

Locutus
01-12-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm new to Windows Mobile, foolishly thinking I could have smoother sync with Outlook than what the very slow XTNDConnect PC software did with my old Sony Ericsson. With that program you could specify mapping for each sync type. With Contacts, I had it sync my phone with the "Wireless" folder and entries I created in Outlook, and I could keep a tidy phone-only contact list that way between my phone and Outlook. Ironically, Activesync doesn't let you do that. So I thought I could move my Wireless list to my root Contacts folder, and move all the auto-added entries out of there and into a new folder, diverting auto-add traffic there. But Outlook doesn't seem to allow this. Very disappointing. If anyone knows an alt program for snyching I'd like to know, or a workaround from the Outlook side, that would be good too. Thanks.

TheHoon
01-23-2007, 03:22 AM
I had the same problem with my new blackjack, This worked in Outlook 03
The fix is simple:

In Outlook
- Right click "Contacts" under Personal Folders
- Select Properties
- Select the "Outlook Address Book" tab
- Uncheck the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" box
- Resync
- Enjoy your contacts.
[/b]

time
01-31-2007, 11:50 PM
I changed the Contacts folder from an email folder, but I still can't get my blackjack to sync. Contacts won't sync either way!!!

time
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Fixed? I think!

I noticed that restarting Outlook automatically rechecked the box to make it an email contact thing. I unplugged and rebooted the phone, keeping Outlook on (with the box unchecked) and Activesync also on.

When I replugged in the phone, I noticed that the contacts was not listed to sync. I reselected it and resynced. And there all the contacts were!

Still, Outlook rechecks the box everytime I start the program.