View Full Version : Connecting Dash to Linux

kmack1023
12-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Anyone know how I can connect my T-mobile Dash to my linux box so I can copy MP3s to it? I just got my Dash a couple weeks ago and I love it, and while I know I should've considered this before my purchase, I'm trying to get out from under microsoft's loving, warm, and cozy wing. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running Ubuntu Edgy Eft (6.10).

Kevin

Kris Kumar
12-31-2006, 03:06 AM
The way I can think of would be to use Wi-Fi home network to connect to the Linux box and use FTP software to pull down the songs.

I am not aware of any ActiveSync like software for Linux.

Mark Kenepp
12-31-2006, 06:11 AM
Could you not just use a card reader and copy the songs directly to the memory card? Even with a PC I would recommend using a card reader over an ActiveSync connection.

Kris Kumar
12-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Could you not just use a card reader and copy the songs directly to the memory card? Even with a PC I would recommend using a card reader over an ActiveSync connection.

Duh! :oops: Why didn't I think of that, I guess because I don't listen to songs on my Smartphone.

I like this idea.

Jerry Raia
12-31-2006, 04:27 PM
I guess because I don't listen to songs on my Smartphone.

Nor should anyone. Smartphones aren't music players!

I know I am alone in the universe on this one. :(

kmack1023
01-02-2007, 04:07 AM
maybe you guys just aren't as obsessed with music as some people are... ;) I just bought myself an iPod so the music thing isn't as important as it was a couple days ago...but a media player on a phone (especially now that 1GB microSD cards are priced decently) is a very nice feature to some...

excellent idea on the card reader...