View Full Version : Email - POP/Sync Questions

cps6568
12-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I know this post is old but I hope someone has the answer for me.
Jason wrote that:
"When you check your e-mail, it's downloaded to your mobile device and a copy is left on the server. This cannot be changed. If you delete a message from your inbox, it will disappear from view on the mobile device, but it will still be on your desktop computer when you connect with your e-mail client. This can be avoided by emptying the Deleted Items folder on the device or by configuring Outlook Mobile to delete items immediately, but it's a bit of a hassle."

When I delete an email from my Pop email on my smartphone, it is also deleted on the server the next time I send/receive. I would like to leave my Pop email also on the servere when I delete from the smartphone.

Is this possible and how?

Thank you.

scottb
12-28-2006, 03:31 PM
When mnanaging POP mail directy from your Smartphone, there is no way to do that with POutlook.

cps6568
12-28-2006, 03:39 PM
When mnanaging POP mail directy from your Smartphone, there is no way to do that with POutlook.

Wow! Thanks for the fast reply. I also read there was no way to setup folders in Windows Mobile Pop email. Is this still true to the best of your knowledge? (I was thinking if the email could be moved to another folder)

I use Outlook Express mostly on my desktop and not Outlook as I don't like the overhead of using Outlook on my PC.

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
12-28-2006, 08:21 PM
You can setup folders, you just can't sync them over a POP connection.

cps6568
12-29-2006, 03:22 AM
You can setup folders, you just can't sync them over a POP connection.

Thanks for the reply. Before posting again I have tried to find out how to do this, and failed. I want to setup a folder in the Pop mail folders but when I get to that screen I only see two options (Hide Unused Folders and Manage Folders) and no options to add one.

Mike Temporale
12-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Since this doesn't really have anything to do with the original post (at least not anymore) I've split it off to it's own thread. The original thread can be found here (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9229&start=10) :wink:

Mike Temporale
12-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Before posting again I have tried to find out how to do this, and failed. I want to setup a folder in the Pop mail folders but when I get to that screen I only see two options (Hide Unused Folders and Manage Folders) and no options to add one.

What phone do you have? I'm sure this was an option - but on my BlackJack and the i320 there is no means to create a folder. The feature might have been removed since you can't sync to it. I'll have to check my older 5600 and see what it does.

cps6568
12-30-2006, 07:01 PM
I have a 5600.