View Full Version : Software problems HTC S620

Mirage
12-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi all,
i am a newbie to smartphones, so sorry for that.. :oops:
On my smartphone i have pre installed windows mobile 5.0 with messages and security, 5.1.342 (build 15097.3.0.1)
I have problems to install a mobile version of a routeplanner. I tried route 66 mobile 7, but it did not work with alert not suitable for windows ce.
Can anyone tell me if i want a route planning program on my smartphone which one is the best for my mobile smartphone. Same problems with games. I intalled .jar files without success
Thanks in advance!

Kris Kumar
12-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi mirage,

Can understand your pain. There are plenty of smart phones out there and each vary by a little bit, on top of that vendors don't clearly mark their software.

Anyway, were you looking at this version:
http://www.66.com/route66/products.php?cid=US&sec=1&ssec=0&prodid=2885

Route 66 calls it "Mobile 7 WM S"

WM S is the short for Windows Mobile Smartphone. Your HTC S620 is a Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone device. So any time you are looking for software, you should look for "Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone", "Windows Mobile 5.0" or "Windows Mobile Smartphone Edition" or like in this case "WM S".

Regarding the JAR files for games. I haven't tried it out much but Java version varies from phone to phone and may not work on all. So I would recommend games designed for Windows Mobile Smartphone. You can find them in our affiliate game shop, using the link on the left. Or www.Smartphone.net.