View Full Version : What Was Under Your Tree Yesterday?

Jason Dunn
12-26-2006, 02:00 PM
So what gifts did yesterday bring? It doesn't even have to be Smartphone related, or <gasp> technology related! Of course, I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, so share the festivities and gifts (mostly gifts!) you enjoyed on your particular holiday. Or did you give someone else a particularly special gift? Stories welcome!

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/hansberry/2003/20031225-santa.gif

Kris Kumar
12-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Couple of weeks ago my wife got a ticket for using the cell phone while driving. :o I was surprised because she is the kind of person who either pulls over and calls back, or doesn't answer the call. Even though we were not supposed to buy each other presents this year, I decided that I should get her a BT headset; I got her the Moto H700.

Jerry Raia
12-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Everyone gave up on me, tech gift wise, years ago. :cry:

Pete Paxton
12-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Well because I only got my Tmo Dash a month ago I still kinda sorta count that. I also got a Nokia E61, Motorola HT820 BT stereo headphones, and a 42" plasma TV. But it really all actually pales in comparison to celebrating Jesus' birthday with my family.

xyphos
12-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I got a 24" monitor for my computer

Jerry Raia
12-26-2006, 11:02 PM

Do you have to turn your head to see all of it? :lol:

edgar
12-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Garmin Nuvi 660 here

xyphos
12-27-2006, 02:19 AM

Do you have to turn your head to see all of it? :lol:

Yeah haha it is actually alot more work but the coolness factor far outweighs that :lol: .

Macguy59
12-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Nikon D40
10.4" digital photo frame
Kingston 4GB USB 2 flash drive
iLap for my MacBookPro
$200 in ebay gift certificates

I was nice this year
:)

ctmagnus
12-27-2006, 04:25 AM
Everyone gave up on me, tech gift wise, years ago. :cry:

I feel your pain. :cry:

fwiw, one of the things I got was an iTunes gift certificate and I don't use iTunes for anything but syncing.

Gavino1212
12-27-2006, 04:43 AM
I got a nice leather wallet, a much needed replacement for my aging nylon surfer wallet.
And a nice Eddie Bauer sweater!

Techwise last year I received a 512 mb ipod shuffle which I managed to hang on to nearly a whole year before losing it :-(.

I wouldn't mind a 2gb micro sd card for my Dash, but I'm, still paying for my Dash...lol. Cavelier looks pretty cool!

My mom's really into the old Kirk Alyn/Superman serials from the late 40s-early 50s so from Amazon.com I ordered the 2 disc dvd set for her, she loves it. A week or so later I was browsing through Fry's Electronics in Burbank and saw the same set I got from Amazon, I coulda got it there D'oh! But it worked out :)

Rocco Augusto
12-27-2006, 05:28 AM
I was suppose to get a Zune but instead my girlfriend got me a Hauppauge HVR-950 Hybrid HDTV Tuner (USB2)

So far it is pretty neat, now I can watch TV at work instead of working ;)

Mike Temporale
12-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Wow! There's some pretty nice gifts here. I noticed teh 42" Plasma - that was our gift last year. :mrgreen:

For me, I got a Can-Opener and a Blender. We also added an HD box to our 42" Plasma.

The BlackJack was a recent purchase, so I count that as a gift to myself. And now I have to buy a Excalibur. So I'm counting that as a New Years gift. :D

shackk
12-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I got a lot of clothes which I desprately needed, a video game, gift card.

Tech wise, got a Harmony Remote and a Toshiba Laptop.

Santa was good to me as well :D

apeguero
12-27-2006, 05:08 PM
A 2.66Ghz, 1GB RAM, Mac Pro with an additional 2gb RAM and ATI Radeon X1900 video card :) . Although I put it there myself, it still qualifies right?

edgar
12-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh my I mentioned my Nuvi 660 - forgot my HD Tivo III with Dual cablecards - ROCKS!

Rocco Augusto
12-27-2006, 06:37 PM
The BlackJack was a recent purchase, so I count that as a gift to myself.

well if we're counting recent purchases then i also got a Nintendo Wii with a second Wiimote and Nunchuck attachment, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Samsung Blackjack and a new Gateway laptop with an AMD Turion X2 processor with 2GB of RAM and a 128MB ATI graphics card :D

...i couldn't wait till Christmas for my toys so I got them early ;)

Mark Kenepp
12-27-2006, 11:40 PM
For me, I got a Can-Opener and a Blender. We also added an HD box to our 42" Plasma.

I am guessing that you have a cat and that the can-opener was its gift to you. It is probably fed up with waiting for you to open its food every night :twisted:

TopDog
12-28-2006, 01:11 AM
The only tech-related thing I got, was a PSP game from my girlfriend.

The thing I got her that I'm most pleased with it a Photobook from our trip to the Greek island Samos, made with iPhoto (on my Mac).

encece
12-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Lean year this year....so we focused on spoiling our son (at 7...I like his toys now anyway!). I got socks and underware as a token gift, with a little wind up clockwork guy thingamabobbie. Plus my son got me a calculator and a flashlight at his dollar store holiday shop at school. (Thought it was funny that he got his mother a "I love cheerleading!" keychain! :)

I'm not very big at receiving gifts anyway. Christmas is all about giving...and for the kids IMO. (I'm not just saying that because I got socks and underware either!) Plus I buy myself enough of the things I like all year anyway.

He got a black Nintendo DS Lite....which was extremely hard to come by this year. (Didnt know they were so popular) Plus three DS games, transformers, hotwheels, a razor scooter, a lazer game (real lasers in it...very suprising with all of the toy restrictions these days), Avatar toys, a cool air vortex game (vertican), and some other games that I cant think of off hand.

One thing we got him was a remote controlled vehicle called Shell-Shocker. This has to be THE MOST dangerous toy on the market. It is very cool....the sides transform from a wheel sides into a ball. The dangerous part is the tail...made of metal and plastic that WHIPS around at high speed and causes daddy to SCREAM in pain when he is hit on his bare foot with it. :D

The instructions read....Keep tail away from your hands, feet, AND ANYTHING THAT BREATHES. (really!)

Mike Temporale
12-28-2006, 03:00 AM
The dangerous part is the tail...made of metal and plastic that WHIPS around at high speed and causes daddy to SCREAM in pain when he is hit on his bare foot with it. :D

The instructions read....Keep tail away from your hands, feet, AND ANYTHING THAT BREATHES. (really!)

8O That sounds like a great toy! :rotfl:

Jerry Raia
12-28-2006, 03:25 AM

Yeah! I want one! :lol:

ctmagnus
12-28-2006, 05:37 AM

Yeah! I want one! :lol:

I can picture you flying a commercial airliner and sending those down the aisle instead of stewardesses. ;)

Jerry Raia
12-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Now there's an idea. :rotfl:

Pete Paxton
12-29-2006, 07:48 AM
My son's friend got a Shell Shocker. Brought it over to the house. You're right that tail whips like crazy. He chased our dog all around the house with it. Scared him half to death.

Rocco Augusto
12-29-2006, 08:16 AM

Classic! I'm glad to hear they still make incredibly dangerous toys! brings back some memories of a robot I had that would smoke and sometimes catch on fire... though I'm sure the last part wasn't by design :lol: