View Full Version : T-Mobile Dash frustrations/questions

KingsCast
12-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi there -

I am new to the T-Mobile Dash (coming by way of the Sidekick) and I realize that there may be a learning curve to Windows Mobile. Because it is more feature-rich, not everything works correctly out of the box.

That said, I'm really disappointed in the email program that came with my phone. I setup Gmail to download everything 15 minutes (using the instructions on Gmail's help page) and I don't get every email that is sent to me. It seems like it arbitrarily downloads only some email. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it just the program? Should I be using another email program?

What about AOL IM'ing? I'm not pleased with the built-in program there either. Can someone suggest another?

Documentation that accompanied my phone was pretty bad as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Temporale
12-23-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm really disappointed in the email program that came with my phone. I setup Gmail to download everything 15 minutes (using the instructions on Gmail's help page) and I don't get every email that is sent to me.

Blame Google not Windows Mobile. Very few - if any, have gmail working on their device. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to work in the typical POP3 fashion. I've been using other POP3 accounts without problems for years. Unfortunately, gmail has done something that's non-standard and thus doesn't work right. Most people are using gmail in IE Mobile. Works pretty nice too.

What about AOL IM'ing? I'm not pleased with the built-in program there either. Can someone suggest another?

I think there's a Windows Mobile version available from AOL. But I could be wrong. (I don't use AOL IM) There is also a third party app from Agile that supports AOL. Pretty nice app, and the beta is free.

betterman
01-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Visit gmail.com/app
on your mobile web browser...for the java based module that runs gmail just fine.