View Full Version : Outlook email problem on 5600

cps6568
12-22-2006, 08:34 PM
I have setup my ISP mail account correctly, but cannot seem to get Outlook email working. The Pop and SMTP servers would be the same, but when I go to Send/Receive, that option is not selectable.

Also, whenever I try to send an email with an attachment, it always selects Outlook email automatically. I cannot select my ISP email (which is working). My ISP is Cincinnati Bell Wireless (ie., Fuse account).

Any help is appreciated!

Mike Temporale
12-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Do you have a working data connection? Can you browse the wen using IE Mobile when the device is not connected over Active Sync?

cps6568
12-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Do you have a working data connection? Can you browse the wen using IE Mobile when the device is not connected over Active Sync?

Yes I can access the web, when the device is not connected. Perhaps it is a SMTP security issue (?) where my server does not allow me to send (I am using T-mobile WAP for the data connection but my email server is thru Cincinnati Bell).

Mike Temporale
12-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Could be. Does your SMTP server require authentication? Check on your desktop and make sure those settings are replicated in Outlook Mobile.

cps6568
12-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I've tried it all ways.
It automatically selects Outlook when I send an email with an attachment, and Outlook does not highlight (allow selection) of the Send/Receive function.
The only attachment I can try to send directly with my Pop email account is by attaching a recording (I have an SMT5600) but that keeps giving me an "Unable to send through your SMTP server at this time" message every time.
I'm confused.