View Full Version : ? about e-mail, I have no clue? Dash

kayleezmom
12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi there all. You really helped me on my last question and was hoping you could help me once again. Why is it when I am signed in under messanger and check my e-mail from the envelope on the front screen I can see links in e-mails, and when I go to internet and check my email there, I can't click on the links? What happened was I sent myself a video of my daughter in dance class, and when I opened it in explorer in hotmail, the link wouldn't let me click on it. But when I logged into messanger, clicked the envelope, I could at least click on the link. Although it did say I needed Flash 8 or newer....which I have no idea where to go to get that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks jen

Mike Temporale
12-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure why the link didn't work, but there is no Flash plugin for IE Mobile. :( I would like to think that the app was smart enough to know the link was to a flash file and that it couldn't display it so it didn't make it active - but that's pretty far fetched.

My guess is that one of the email clients got the encoding wrong and thus no clickie. :?

kayleezmom
12-21-2006, 09:45 PM
well that stinks. You can't watch any videos at all? I was hoping to show a short clip from my daughers dance recital tonight at a party. :-(

Mike Temporale
12-21-2006, 10:06 PM
You can watch videos in Windows Media Player, but not Flash video's.

What format is the clip in now?

kayleezmom
12-21-2006, 11:15 PM
well there in photobucket.com right now. there also on my computer in my videos. i think mpeg. I have windows movie maker on my computer too. The problem with videos is I have no idea how to get them to my phone. I usually use photobucket because I can store them there and then e-mail myself the link. I have tried e-mailing it to myself as an attachment, but it takes forever. thanks again

Mike Temporale
12-23-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't do much video on my phone, so I'm not the best person to answer your questions. Rocco wrote a really good guide on how to convert video to play on the Smartphone. You can read it here (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8665)

other than that, I don't know what to suggest. :?