View Full Version : Activesync only syncs items I've transferred to my inbox

tramer
12-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Well this doesn't make any sense and I've reconfigured AS a million times on my Blackjack. I can blow away all my Exchange settings on my Blackjack, setup the sync and it'll download everything that's currently in my inbox in Outlook. Great. But, if new items come in and I do not have Outlook open on my PC, they will never get downloaded. So basically, unless my PC is up with Outlook open, my Blackjack doesn't get new email.

If I login to our OWA server with the "premium" client, the blackjack will download new mail that I open. If I login to the OWA server with the "basic" client, it won't download the new emails no matter what I do.

All of this is happening over the air, without my BJ connected to the PC. I've tried everything and no matter what, the BJ will not download items until my PC's outlook client has downloaded them. Hitting send/receive in Mobile Outlook or syncing the AS client does nothing. Any hints? Thanks.

Kris Kumar
12-18-2006, 04:51 AM
How was ActiveSync configured?

I believe you have Exchange based email account. So in ActiveSync, did you click on the menu option to setup the Server connection and provide the server details?

It is strange if you did that and dont see new emails.

tramer
12-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Yea, I mean it downloads them if they've been read or if they show up while my PC is up w/Outlook running. Obviously then the server configuration is correct. Our Exchange admin is looking at this and he isn't seeing any errors on his end. No clue what's wrong.