View Full Version : Installing a different language (Polish) in O2 Xda SP

bananasplit
12-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi! My first time to post here, I usually post in the sister site, pocketpcthoughts. My in laws are coming for the holidays and I'm thinking of giving my father-in-law my O2 Xda SP (used but it looks new). Anyway, problem is, he does not speak any other language except Polish, and my phones are in English.

Is there any way to convert my phone to Polish language so my father-in-law can enjoy the phone AND understand it?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Mike Temporale
12-12-2006, 02:49 AM
Unlike the PPC, Smartphones don't have different languages in the ROM. You would have to flash the device with a Polish ROM. I don't know what O2 has, but you would need a Polish ROM from them for your device.

bananasplit
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately O2 does not have a Polish ROM for download. I tried going to the club imate website but problem is, I need a valid i-mate branded phone to register and possibly download a ROM from there. My phone details are not being accepted, I guess they can tell if the phone is i-Mate branded or not via the IMEI.

Any suggestions?

Mike Temporale
12-13-2006, 05:12 AM
You only need a valid imate phone if you want to download ROMs from their web interface. :wink:

bananasplit
12-15-2006, 01:26 AM
What do you mean by valid imate phone? The phone itself has to be imate branded? I currently have an O2 Xda SP (think the equivalent in imate is an SP3i). Tried putting in my IMEI but it's not allowing me to register.

Any thoughts?

Mike Temporale
12-15-2006, 03:50 AM
I'm not going to tell you how to go about downloading copyright material. i-mate has secured their web interface - it requires a valid IMEI from an i-mate phone. However, there are other file transfer protocols that are used and typically they are less secure.