View Full Version : 2125 acting weird

leeloo
12-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Ok guys, any ideas on this is much appreciated. My cingular 2125 has been acting weird lately. For starters, it keeps getting 'stuck'. For example, i go to text messages folder, i cant see my text messages, but i cant click on them. it does this in the photos folder as well. i have to go back to the start menu. For another example, when i reset my phone, sometimes, not all the time, the time/date come up completly off. it will be some date from last year. And the most recent thing is when i turn my phone off and back on again, i get a blue, red and green screen which i read is a start up screen? but i never got it before. Any ideas why my phone might be acting up?

Thank you,

Mike Temporale
12-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Your navigation issues sound like they might be from a busted joystick.

I don't know about the date/time thing. Is there an internal battery that controls the time? Perhaps this is going. :?

leeloo
12-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Yea, my first thought was that my joystick was going out. But everytime it gets 'stuck' as soon as I reboot the phone its fine. it's almost acting as if it has too many applications running. You know how it gets kinda jerky? but i have cleared alot of my memory and have no apps running. I did turn off my phone last night and take the battery out and left it for a few, and when i restarted it seems to be fine. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts to why it was acting this way-or if its happened to anybody else?

Thanks,

Mike Temporale
12-12-2006, 05:43 PM
my Sp5m acted the same way. Then one day it just stopped responding when pushed up. Didn't matter if I rebooted or not.

:?

leeloo
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Ack! Dont tell me that! This phone is still somewhat 'new'. I purchased it in July. Is that common problem with the smart phones? Durability? I love this phone and wasnt planning on getting a new one for a while. Also, Mike, can you tell me what that 'rainbow' screen (red, blue and green)was that i got a few times when i was trying to reboot it?

onlydarksets
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Did you buy it from the Cingular store? If so, call Cingular XBM, and they will send you a new one. Or, if you press hard enough, they may let you change phones.

Mike Temporale
12-13-2006, 05:07 AM
Ack! Dont tell me that! This phone is still somewhat 'new'. I purchased it in July.

Well, mine lasted about 6-7 months. so I would say it's on target. ;)

Is that common problem with the smart phones? Durability?

No, I wouldn't say that. For whatever reason HTC had some issues with the Tornado line. Like I said, my joystick died, and I've heard the same problem from a couple others. That doesn't mean all Tornado's have it a problem.

Mike, can you tell me what that 'rainbow' screen (red, blue and green)was that i got a few times when i was trying to reboot it?

That's the system boot loader screen. There's a key press/hold sequence that has to be done to see that. Either you've got a stuck key, or you're pressing buttons on boot.

Jerry Raia
12-15-2006, 01:27 PM
My 2125 joystick started acting up too. Mostly just intermittent behavior. I would send it back as it has a one year warranty.