View Full Version : schi730 Sync problem

nothappy5.0
11-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I have a SCH-I730 and ever since I upgraded to 5.0 (which except for this problem is great) when I do an active sync the phone disconnects my computer from the 802.11 connection. I just got off the phone with Samsung level 3 tech support and they say that is was designed this way. I guess the previous version used USB drivers and now they use TCPIP to do an active sync. Ever since I have had a pda I have always had the unit synced up to my computer. As I proceeded to tell him how stupid it was designed he replied that I do not understand the development side. To me if the engine in my car turns off when I turn on the car radio that would not work in the automotive world. I can not imagine that this would be acceptable for all the millions of people using 802.11 on their computer with 5.0 on their smartphone. Is the level 3 guy at Samsung correct that there is no fix to this???

Sorry to ramble but to me and average user this is a stupid compromise to any benefit offered by using TCPIP to sync a mibile device.

Thanks,

John

ARW
11-29-2006, 12:33 AM
The i730 is a Pocket PC if I remember correctly. As such, you may have better luck posing your question at sister site www.pocketpcthoughts.com.

maxnix
12-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Active Sync 4.x and above disable snyc over WiFi as a new "feature."

Yes, you would be better off at pocketpcthoughts or pdaphonehome.

Jerry Raia
12-06-2006, 03:42 PM
and even better off just getting a Smartphone. :mrgreen: