View Full Version : Help Please to install Home Screen

spnewbie
11-23-2006, 04:56 AM
Hi All,

Until now, I used to use dumb phone. Just 2 weeks ago I bought T-Mobile Dash and playing with it. I am very new to smart phones and thanks to forums like this, I have learnt a lot. I have, also, got the JOGGR working. I did install the Theme Changer from http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~gambit/.
Now, I am trying to install a Home Screen I found on the net, but have no clue how to do it. The web site is http://www.airfagev.com/skins1.asp?id=430
This theme requires a plugin to be installed first. Both the plugin and theme have files like:
_setup.xml
SLICLO~1.002
sliclock.001

All the instructions that I have come across do not mention how to install files of these types. Can anybody post the step by step instructions or give me some pointers please?

Thanks in advace for your help.

spnewbie
11-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Soon after I posted the above message, I found out how to do it. My problem was, I was ignorant of what a CAB files looks like.

Thanks anyway for checking here.

Mike Temporale
11-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Glad to hear you got everything worked out! :D

triman
12-07-2006, 07:05 AM
i'm having the same problem as you with the cab files. can you please explain what you did to get the homescreens working??

thanks!

Jerry Raia
12-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Move the .cab file to your device where you can find it with your file manager program. Then using the file manager, navigate to the cab file and click on it as if to run it. That should install the home screen (if that is what the cab file is for). Then go to Settings>Home screen and your new screen should be listed there.

triman
12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Jer:
yeah, i get that part, but then when i d/l the file, it just has files like

_setup.xml
SLICLO~1.002
sliclock.001

same as spnewbie. could you explain how i get those 3 files to become cab files? thanks!

Jerry Raia
12-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Those 3 files should already be IN a .cab file. How do they come when you download them? All separate? That doesn't make sense.

Mike Temporale
12-08-2006, 04:32 AM
Jer:

_setup.xml
SLICLO~1.002
sliclock.001

same as spnewbie. could you explain how i get those 3 files to become cab files? thanks!

Don't unpack the files on your computer. Save the CAB to your desktop then copy the whole CAB file to your Smartphone. Then, from your phone, launch file explorer and browse to the file and run it.

spnewbie
12-09-2006, 03:47 AM
Jer:

_setup.xml
SLICLO~1.002
sliclock.001

triman:

I was doing the same thing as you are/were doing. That is unpacking the zip file that I downloaded. I thought the CAB file had the .CAB extension. But the winzip and winrar applications associate CAB files and as a result, the CAB files end up with ".zip" or ".rar" extensions. You can either disassociate CAB files from winzip or winrar or just be aware that ".zip" is actually a .CAB file and don't upack it as Mike Temporale mentioned.

If you want more information check out the following link
http://www.airfagev.com/howtos_topics.asp?id=7