View Full Version : BJ not charging while USB conected in the modem mode.

stumpy
11-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Has anybody noticed that when teathering via USB cable the BJ is not being charged. It charges the device in mass storage and activesync but not in modem mode. So you surf the net for a few hours then your phone is dead. :roll: I wonder if there is Registry change.

dstrauss
11-29-2006, 04:32 PM
I think it is Cingular's way of keeping down the hit on their system from tethered surfing. At least they finally gave up on "no tethering". Sometimes I can't blame them because folks out there tend to treat it as a brodband replacement and spend endless hours downloading movies, etc. which has to be a major hit on the network.

taveanator
12-06-2006, 12:34 AM
You need to start 'Internet Sharing' application on the BJ then use that connection instead of the DUN that I'm betting you are currently using.

Internet sharing is in the Windows directory of the phone. Create a speed dial for it.

The phone can either be plugged or unplugged when you start connection sharing (by pressing the left 'Connect' softkey). When you plug the phone inot your PC the drivers should install automatically and see another Local Area Connection appear.

Voila. You should be able to surf.

I have noticed a decrease in speed but it's worth it to be able to charge the phone at the same time. Tethering via BT to the BJ and using 3G completely crushes the battery in about 1.5 hours.

Hope this works for you.

-Tave