View Full Version : Hubdog - Podcast, News & RSS Reader for the Smartphone

Mike Temporale
11-14-2006, 08:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.hubdog.com/blog/?p=50' target='_blank'>http://www.hubdog.com/blog/?p=50</a><br /><br /></div><i>"More and more mobile users are opting for HubDog as their Personal Mobile Interface to Access their Favorite Content when and wherever they want. HubDog is finally available for Windows Mobile Smartphone and again, it is totally Free. With HubDog for Smartphone, search and view Video Podcast, TV Shows, Clips, Movies, Live Radio, Music Podcasts, Pictures, News across more than 40 000 mobile channels. HubDog is FREE, registration is optional"</i><br /><br />This sounds pretty nice, but I couldn't find any screen shots of the app running on the 320x240 device. I'm always looking for new applications and ways to stay on top of my feeds and news reader items. So it's nice to see applications like these focusing on that. Has anyone installed this? Does it offer any sort of sync?

mkheraj
11-14-2006, 11:14 PM
I did install this app on my T-Mobile Dash and the view is "okay." Not great.

It doesn't do a sync. Everything is held online so whatever changes you make on the Smartphone is automatically updated to the online version.

As far as resources, it is a HOG. After using it for a few minutes, I noticed (in Task Manager) that all my other applications had shut down and I usually like my TxtMan to be running instead of Microsoft's Messaging for my text messages.

And it doesn't work that great. Only a few images are downloaded and you have to initiate further downloads if there are more than one image for an article.

Kris Kumar
11-15-2006, 01:10 AM
I gave up because it required CorePlayer. :-(

I did'nt want to shell out money on it. Not much of a audio/video person to begin with.

echosmyron
11-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I found that the menus are pretty clunky and overall speed isn't great.

Are there any other decent free RSS apps for Smartphone?

Mike Temporale
11-17-2006, 02:45 AM
I kind of like the one that NewsGator has - It sync's with FeedDemon and NewsGator Online so you don't end up re-reading your feeds.

zilla31
11-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I had used Newsbreak for a while then switched to A6 times then back to Newsbreak... and finally settled on Google Reader via PIE (w/ Newsbreak for the rare occasions i don't have access, like on a plane) 8O