View Full Version : SGH-I320N Email Configuration HELP!

khoolhandz
11-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Hi,

Thanks to the posts here, I was able to get the I320N GPRS and MMS working here in Canada (via Fido).

Now the only problem I'm having is with Sending email.

I've got everything set-up properly for both my gmail and yahoo accounts (pop and smtp settings).

I can receive fine, but I cannot send.

I tried gprs.fido.ca as outgoing server (no authentication and with authentication ), but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Mike Temporale
11-14-2006, 03:27 AM
You shouldn't be sending via Fido. If you check the settings in your Gmail account it should tell you what to use for SMTP server. I think it's SMTP.Gmail.com and it does require authentication and encryption and it uses port 465. At least that what I see under settings option in Gmail. Check yours to make sure it's the same.

khoolhandz
11-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried it too that way. Both smtp.gmail.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com for gmail and yahoo respectively, but still no luck.

I think it has to do with port setting.

How do I access and change the port on the samsung SGH-I320N?

Mike Temporale
11-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Hrm.... I don't think you can. That might be why so many people just check gmail from IE Mobile. If it can be done, it would be in the mailbox settings.

gpac15
12-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Hello:

I recently purchased a used samsung sgh-i320n in like new condition, but I'm having problems accessing my T-Mobile Phone service provider (not internet) maybe it is still some how programmed to the original owners service provider. what do you guys reccomend should I reset the phone which I tried the hard reset a few time but, that doesn't work (maybe their is another way to reset it entirely to start from scatch) it reads that my sim is in the phone and my contacts saved to the sim come up, but the out of service area comes up in the Upper left hand corner, do I have to somehow program my sim to the phone to get the service or what should I do I really could use some expert knowledge. I made sure that it is in the GSM Band 900/1800. Under the call option tab under the Phone number: tab it comes up empty and I don't know how to access it to change it to my # maybe that might be it not sure. Please help with any tips or advise thank you

khoolhandz
12-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Hello:
I made sure that it is in the GSM Band 900/1800. Under the call option tab under the Phone number: tab it comes up empty and I don't know how to access it to change it to my # maybe that might be it not sure. Please help with any tips or advise thank you

T-MOBILE operates in the 1900 band. That is your problem. Try changing the band to 1900 and you should be up and running.

gpac15
12-25-2006, 02:40 AM
thank you i really appreciate that was it im very happy happy holidays to all I really appreciate your help :) :) :) :) :) :) :?