View Full Version : Sprite Backup Complete Restore?

SCPH
11-06-2006, 03:40 PM
I have a 128mb storage card in my Cingular 2125 WM5 SmartPhone. I have an older ROM. Can Sprite Backup be used to store all of my custom home screens, contacts, and program installations (with settings on the phone and card), let me flash/wipe my phone, replace the MiniSD card, and then restore everything without a problem? I want to basically do a complete upgrade all at once, but don't want to lose anything. I can't seem to get a definitive answer from the Sprite guys.

Thanks.

Jerry Raia
11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
I do know that Sprite Backup has an option to backup removable storage. I would guess since it has the capability to restore after a ROM upgrade it could do what you what. Just make sure you follow the procedure outlined on their website for doing that.

Mike Temporale
11-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Sprite claims to do that. However, I wouldn't count on it. It's hard from a backup point of view to ensure that you are only backing up user added changes and not system files. Plus, on the restore, how do you know which file is the correct version? The file may have been updated during the ROM upgrade. Then you'll end up overwriting it with an older version.

it's better to start new. ;)