View Full Version : SDA Keypad light issue

bshpmark
11-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Is there anyway to get the keypad backlight on the SDA to come on automatically without having to press a key? Also, is there any way to change the length of time the keypad light stays on? I cannot find a value for this in any registry settings or menu options.

Mike Temporale
11-03-2006, 04:48 AM
unfortunately no. At least not that I know of.

ditch_azeroth
12-22-2006, 10:43 PM
i have an imate sp5m (aka t mobile sda) and if you have the latest imate rom installed, an option to change the keypad timeout is in the settings menu. a 3rd party software was also made to do exactly the same thing - just search it in a website elsewhere ^_^ as for your question (don't really know why'd you want to do something like that) but you can use something like xbar to run, say, oxios hibernate every x minutes to have that keypad (and screen) lit up. hope this helps.

la8pv
12-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Is there anyway to get the keypad backlight on the SDA to come on automatically without having to press a key? Also, is there any way to change the length of time the keypad light stays on? I cannot find a value for this in any registry settings or menu options.

Hi all,

I'm an avid reader of these forums for several moons now, but this is my first time posting. Thanks to all for contributing to this venue that has provided me with hours and hours of fun and interesting experiences.

For my 2125, I was able to find this registry key off a Danish tips post: http://www.vildmedmobil.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\KEYPAD

Adjustd the value in KB_LIGHT_TIMEOUTKB_LIGHT_TIMEOUT (milliseconds) and was able to get a nice 30-second timeout of my keypad. Yay!

The "HTC" portion of the path is of course specific to the manufacturer of the 2125, so I dunno if it'll work for all Smartphones, but it may be worth a look.

Thanks,

la8pv