View Full Version : Best Bluetooth Headset for Cingular 3125?

PantherShade
11-01-2006, 06:00 PM
I need to get a Bluetooth headset to use with my Cingular 3125, but I'm not sure which one would be the wisest choice. :?

Currently, I'm deciding between the Motorola H700 and the Jabra JX10, but I'm certainly still open to suggestions from more experienced users. :)

Here's a few things that led me to these two: I want a Bluetooth device, so I don't have to deal with wires.
I can't stand to have something sticking inside my ear, so I need a headset with an over the ear attachment.
I'll primarily use my device for talking on the phone, so I don't need a stereo headset.
I'll still use the headset to listen to music, so it'll have to be compatible with streaming the audio from the phone.
I'll use the device most of the time, so I need something reliable.
I need clarity on both sides, what I hear and what I say, even if I'm on a street in NYC. 8O

Sven Johannsen
11-02-2006, 06:04 AM
* I'll still use the headset to listen to music, so it'll have to be compatible with streaming the audio from the phone.I think you will find that may be a difficult feature to find given your other items.

Music tends to be sent over the A2DP profile and phone stuff over the Headset/handsfree. You connect with the A2DP profile to listen to music, and when a call comes in, the music is cut off, the HS/HF profile takes over for the duration of the call. When the call is over, the A2DP profile kicks back in and you have music again. I'm not sure I know of a mono-headset that supports A2DP, so getting music in one ear might be tough.

Mike Temporale
11-02-2006, 03:10 PM
There's so many different headsets that it's hard to pick these days. I think the first thing you need to do is decided if you want an in-ear model, or an over the ear model. I've been using the in-ear ones for a while now and they're pretty good. But they're hard to quickly install when a call comes in and you don't already have it on.

I'm looking at moving to the Stereo headset models myself. They make for good music playback and they're pretty quick to put on if a call comes in and you're not already wearing it.

Jerry Raia
11-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Well I have the JX10 and use it with my 3125. The JX10 is a great earphone. The only thing you need to do is adjust it right so it doesn't feel like it is falling off. It can be made to fall off in fact.

PantherShade
11-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Well, I heard over on Howard Forums that the Jabra JX10 sound quality wasn't that great, but I wasn't sure if that was based on the headset, the phones, or the service.

Also, I remember that someone around here had previous issues with the Motorola H700. Again, I wasn't sure of the cause. :?

As far as other devices, I definitely want an small over the ear model, and not an in the ear piece or a stereo headset. :)

I just don't know what out there give superior performance. :oops:

Jerry Raia
11-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I've used about 5 different BT headsets. None of them gave what I would call superior performance. Out of all of them, the JX10 has been the best. I've had both over the ear and in the ear. The JX10 still comes out on top. It's not great but none of them are in my opinion.

Sven Johannsen
11-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Well I have the JX10 and use it with my 3125. The JX10 is a great earphone. Jerry, can you listen to the media player with it, or directions from a nav program? Or is stuck being a phone accessory only.

Jerry Raia
11-05-2006, 02:49 AM
I haven't tried a nav program. Media player is fair. I don't use it (media player) much though so probably not the best judge in that area.

Rocco Augusto
11-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Well, I heard over on Howard Forums that the Jabra JX10 sound quality wasn't that great, but I wasn't sure if that was based on the headset, the phones, or the service.

Also, I remember that someone around here had previous issues with the Motorola H700. Again, I wasn't sure of the cause. :?

As far as other devices, I definitely want an small over the ear model, and not an in the ear piece or a stereo headset. :)

I just don't know what out there give superior performance. :oops:

that was me, i hated the h700. ive heard good things about the new sony ericsson headset though :)

PantherShade
11-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Do you mean the HBH-PV705?
I'm not at all familiar with the Sony Ericsson devices. :oops:

Jerry Raia
11-05-2006, 04:52 PM
In all honesty, all of the headsets I have tried have disappointed me. While the JX10 has been the best so far, for the price I expected more. The sound quality and what the other person hears on the other end always seems to be lacking. There is a lot of room for improvement in this area.

ditch_azeroth
11-07-2006, 06:28 AM
if your phone can support stereo bluetooth, i found just the thing. i have a friend who has this for his ipod... tried it on my fone and it is... for the lack of the better word... sweet. plantronics pulsar 590a (http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headset-Pulsar/dp/B000F0KEBU)

PantherShade
11-08-2006, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want a headset. I just want a small ear piece with an over the ear fitting. :roll:

Any suggestions for that? :D