View Full Version : Invalid Java Archive (jar) - PLEASE HELP

jeffreybluml
11-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I've searched and searched, but can't find a solution to my problem.

I used to have a midlet called midSSH on the phone, which let me SSH to my linux box at home. Never had a single problem getting it installed or using it...

Well, the other day I tried to move my java stuff over to the storage card. I edited the reg entry for the JMM data path, moved the entire Tao folder to the Application Data folder on the storage card. Opened the midlet manager, and my midlet wasn't listed. So, I tried to install it again. Upon install I get "Invalid Java Archive (jar)"

So, I UNdid the reg edit, moved everything back, and now at least the midlet was listed again. However, now when I try to run it, it just kills the midlet manager and sends me to the homescreen.

So, uninstalled midpSSH and tried to reinstall it, with the java stuff right where it['s supposed to be. Well, I still get the Invalid Java Archive error. Tried some other java apps that have always worked, pacman, soduko, and ghosts and goblins. I GET THE SAME ERROR WITH ALL OF THEM!! Argh!!!!!!!!

Please please please please please please tell me there's a way to fix this!! I really need that midpSSH back!!

Any and ALL thoughts, suggestions, questions, greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jeff

jeffreybluml
11-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Fixed it!

I was missing the \Application Data\Tao\intent\rofs_target.zip file. I had copied everything BUT that file over to the storage card when I made that edit, and somehow I deleted it from the main storage \Application Data\Tao\intent directory, which is why it still didnt' work after I reversed the reg tweak to put stuff on the storage card.

So, now I've managed to successfully get the java midlet stuff over to the storage card. Yea.

Just thought I'd update the thread...

Mike Temporale
11-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Glad to hear you got it fixed!

I'm not much of a Java guy myself. But I'm sure there others who do like it, so this info will be helpful. 8)

jeffreybluml
11-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Not a java lover either, but it's the only way I've found to get a program that will allow me to SSH to my home PC. I'm only using the $.99/mo T-zones plan, so i need an SSH client which allows me to control the port it uses to connect...

Know of any non-java programs for this? I tried the telnet client for smartphone, but no joy. Could never get it through T-mobile's proxy....

Thanks,

Mike Temporale
11-03-2006, 04:48 PM
ah, I see. Sorry. don't know of anything that can do what you're looking for. :?

terrya
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm having "invalid jar archive" and I don't know what to do. I deleted some "tao" files by accident, trying to do a clean install of Opera and had to put the "rofs_target.zip" file back in and nothing doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

jeffreybluml
12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
What is currently in your Tao folder?

The contents should be as follows:

Application Data\Tao\intent\

this should contain:
rofs_target.zip
and a folder called "app"

In app, there's a folder called jam, which contains a folder called midlets

In midlets you will find folders for each app you've installed (if any), and the database file called .midlets.db. So, the whole path is
Application Data\Tao\intent\app\jam\midlets

rofs_target.zip needs to be in the app folder.

Good luck,

terrya
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
What is currently in your Tao folder?

The contents should be as follows:

Application Data\Tao\intent\

this should contain:
rofs_target.zip
and a folder called "app"

In app, there's a folder called jam, which contains a folder called midlets

In midlets you will find folders for each app you've installed (if any), and the database file called .midlets.db. So, the whole path is
Application Data\Tao\intent\app\jam\midlets

rofs_target.zip needs to be in the app folder.

Good luck,

That's weird because, that's how I have it set up and I keep getting "invalid java archive" when trying to download Opera.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

jeffreybluml
12-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Hmm, okay, that IS strange...

For now, my only thought is to make sure you have the rofs_target.zip file BOTH in the intent folder AND in the windows directory. Not sure if the one in windows is actually needed, or if that's just a repository from which the one in the intent folder is copied. But, worth a shot. I suspect it's already there, but until I can think of something else you may as well have a look.

Also, check your registry entries to make sure they are pointing to the correct folder. Dont remember the path for the reg entries right now, but you can search for that.

I'll try to think of what else it could be.

Good luck,

terrya
12-19-2006, 09:43 PM
I can't find that zip file anywhere in the windows directory.

jeffreybluml
12-19-2006, 10:25 PM
I can't find that zip file anywhere in the windows directory.

that gives me hope...

copy the file there, then try opera again...

[cross fingers]

terrya
12-19-2006, 11:06 PM
I gave up and did a factory default. (other programs started getting screwy)

Downloaded Opera and it ran ok, but won't leave a shortcut on the desktop. I know some other people had this problem. In order for me to open it up, I have to go into the Tao folder and open it up that way. I just clicked the .jar file and it ran.

Any suggestions on how to create a shortcut I could put on my desktop?

jeffreybluml
12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
using either facade or rjshortcut, you could try just making a shortcut to the jar file in your homescreen xml file. not sure if that will auto launch the midlet manager, but it's worth a try.

terrya
12-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Either way. Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it.

jeffreybluml
12-19-2006, 11:55 PM
my pleasure. what goes around, comes around.

:)