View Full Version : The Most Common Smartphone Frustrations

Mike Temporale
11-01-2006, 08:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2006/10/smartphone_frus.html;jsessionid=OB2JCH5WJHFFOQSNDLQSKH0CJUNN2JVN' target='_blank'>http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2006/10/smartphone_frus.html;jsessionid=OB2JCH5WJHFFOQSNDLQSKH0CJUNN2JVN</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The results of our online poll are in. We asked readers what the most frustrating thing about smartphones is, and over 30% said it's battery life. Go figure. Most smartphones work fine until you try to access an application or download a graphic from the Web. Working in applications will suck the life out of a battery faster than you can type "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" on that tiny keyboard. Twenty-three percent said the small screen size on a smartphone is frustrating, followed by 21% who were dissatisfied with wireless broadband speeds and 20% with the voice quality. "Despite all their advanced features, some [smartphones] perform poorly as phones. That's the main reason I have one, to make and received calls," says one respondent."</i><br /><br />This information was posted over on InformationWeek in regards to a poll they ran a while back. I find the results interesting, but not all the accurate from what I see. Yes, battery life is poor on some models, there are plenty of other smartphones with exceptional battery life. As with any article like this, you need to take the results with a grain of salt. Give it a read and let us know what your thoughts are.

scottb
11-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I agree with the poor battery life.
I knew how small the screen was when I bought my device, so I really can't complain about that. :twisted:
Expensive data? Perhaps, but you pay for the convenience. I wouldn't mind it being less expensive, but I understand why it's not.

Macguy59
11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Mostly agree with those thoughts but complaing about screen size and lack of a touch screen (others complain about that) is borderline comical. I loved the Treo 600 and 650 as a PDA but the phone quality was very poor and as is the 700W. Had the Q not come out when it did I most likely would be using a RAZR now.

Pete Paxton
11-02-2006, 05:34 AM
Interesting poll. There will always be something to complain about. I'm sure if they did a poll on my Dodge Dakota there would be a precentage breakdown of complaints. You can do it with computers, tv's, digital cameras etc. I agree with some of the responses but overall I'm happy with my device. Still, it does give manufacturers some direction of what people want.

superrrguy
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Besides the general stuff like the limited tasks, the completely missing Notes, no copy/paste, no search, the non-threaded texting, and the fact the Media Player won't let you find a song by hitting a key even though IE lets you find Favorites by key, my only real problem with the Win Mobile Smartphone is the T9. No suggested words during typing of current word and no way to go back to correct a word like on other phones with T9.