View Full Version : Moto Q and TMobile Dash: use same minu USB connectors?

Argelius
10-31-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm looking for a sync cable for my TMo Dash. Since it's so new, not many sites list it specifically. I'm guessing the mini USB port on the Dash is the same that's on the Moto Q. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

jeffreybluml
10-31-2006, 06:51 PM
basically, mini usb = mini usb

in other words, yes. You may as well just go pick one up from your local computer store. Any mini USb will work.

Good luck,

Argelius
10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
basically, mini usb = mini usb

in other words, yes. You may as well just go pick one up from your local computer store. Any mini USb will work.

Good luck,

Thanks. That's what I thought.
Gonna get a retractable one from BoxWave. Great for travel...

Mike Temporale
10-31-2006, 08:47 PM
hold on there.... I don't have a dash, but it's an HTC device. HTC has changed the connector they use to ExtUSB. I don't think it's 100% compatible with miniUSB.

ExtUSB has a cut away on one corner. Where miniUSB is a square opening. Try testing the connection with a cable you have first.

eliteramen
10-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Does the Dash not come with a sync cable?

Kris Kumar
10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
I dont mean to confuse you folks, but based on my observations of the Dash box, the USB Sync cable is the same as any other miniUSB. I believe Janak's review also confirms it.

The USB connector on the Dash is a dual style connector. It accepts the miniUSB and a special USB (the one with the slant cut, the one Mike mentioned). The special slant cut connector is used for the headset. Yes. The Dash box has the standard miniUSB for sync and the slant cut connector for the headset and both these connectors go into the same slot.

And to confuse things even more, the 3125 has a thinner USB connector that one is totally incompatible with the Dash/Q or any other miniUSB device.

Kris Kumar
10-31-2006, 11:43 PM

I remember seeing it as one of the contents in the box.

Argelius
10-31-2006, 11:49 PM

No, it does. I just want to get a combined charger and retractable sync cable for travel.

WyattEarp
11-30-2006, 12:35 AM
The Dash is suppose to come with a sync cable (mine did). If you did not get one then you need to go back to where you purchased it and have them supply you with one. Some of these resellers like to take accessories out of the box and claim t it came that way (don't beleive them). They can open up the boxes and you'd never know. Make sure everything is in there before you leave if you got it from a store.

dashman
12-03-2006, 05:05 PM
anyone sell a mini-usb (as in dash) to stereo female connector adaptor.

i want to plug my head-set.

Mike Temporale
12-04-2006, 02:36 AM
anyone sell a mini-usb (as in dash) to stereo female connector adaptor.

i want to plug my head-set.

You mean like this one (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12738)?

Kris Kumar
12-06-2006, 01:11 PM
I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=142089