View Full Version : (Basic?) WM 5 Smartphone Question

brianchris
10-24-2006, 10:22 PM
I would conisder my self a knowledgeable Pocket PC user....I've been using them since they launched in April of 2000. However, I've never actually owned a Microsoft Smartphone. My wife has one (Cingular 2125), and she loves it, but she's having one problem with it that I can't help her with:

She's found herself reading a lot of email on it, but when she opens an email, is done with it, and she does NOT want to delete it, how does she get back to the email message list? The back button seems to take her out of the email application, not return her to the message list. And then, if she goes back into the email application, she's right back at the open email message she was last on. Basically, she wants to know how to close email messages once read.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!!!

Mark Kenepp
10-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Hmm...

I am trying to recreate your situation on my SDA but I can't. It goes from an open email message (retrieved through Exchange Server ActiveSync) back to the email list when I hit the back button.

In order for me to experience what you describe, I need to hit the Home key with in an open email message.

Maybe the button mapping got screwed up on the phone?

Certainly, closing out of the messaging application using Task Manager should allow you to jump back to the email list, but you shouldn't have to go through that every time.

Has the phone been reset?

Kris Kumar
10-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Same here. I cannot reproduce the problem.

When I click the back button, mine goes back to the message list. :? I would be very annoyed if it were to go back to the home screen.

Jerry Raia
10-25-2006, 01:53 AM
There is an option in the display settings under messaging. After deleting or moving a message: Return to message list.

That is how mine is set up. Not sure if that will affect what she is seeing. Take a look though.

Kris Kumar
10-25-2006, 01:57 AM
There is an option in the display settings under messaging. After deleting or moving a message: Return to message list.

That is how mine is set up. Not sure if that will affect what she is seeing. Take a look though.

I tried both, infact mine was set to move to next message instead of the message list, even then it was going back to the message list when I clicked on the back button.

But doesn't hurt to give it a try.