View Full Version : custom home screen layout, cingular 3125 star trek

heov
10-22-2006, 06:43 PM
I've read up about how to customize a home screen lay out.

I like the Windows Default, except i don't need to see the Calander/Appointments.

So i found full.home.xml... and basically removed the plug in code for calendar and gave it a new title.

I copied the newfile.home.xml to the windows directory, but it doesn't show up in the list of possible layouts!

so i editted full.home.xml and saved it as such too, but it still didn't take into effect. I even restarted the phone.

Am i doing something wrong?

Kris Kumar
10-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Instead of the Windows folder, put the new XML file in the Application Data\Home folder. That should do the trick.

heov
10-23-2006, 04:08 AM
That worked!

Thanks.

I wish home screens were as simply as today screens on ppc, though.

Kris Kumar
10-23-2006, 04:13 AM
I believe there are some third party applications that do help, but I am not familiar with them. :oops:

Mike Temporale
10-23-2006, 01:47 PM
I believe there are some third party applications that do help, but I am not familiar with them. :oops:

Nothing that's really any good with QVGA. :(

I just use some of the nice free one's on the net. I've found it's not worth my time to try and make my own. Unless there is something specific I need.

sub_tex
10-29-2006, 03:15 AM
I've had an issue with my own home screens I'm making. If I set the icon bar and soft keys to be black with white text, they show up as gray with white text instead.

I've tried making a bare home screen xml file. Nothing but the icon bar and time. Black bg, black everything.

When I apply the theme, the icon bar and soft keys are still gray with white text.

Is there something I'm missing? The COLOR_BTNFACE is set to "#000000" and everything. In fact, I copied the Black Beauty theme's XML file, renamed it, and applied that, and it did the same thing!

Is there some setting I'm missing?