View Full Version : Web Browser

2rvr
10-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi, just picked up a moto q. One of the primary reasons for purchasing was the need to access the internet all the time. However, the Internet Explorer on it does not show certain login forms, making it impossible to do certain things. My question is, is there a better free browser available, or can you add support for certain programming languages into the Internet Explorer on it? Thanks

Mike Temporale
10-17-2006, 01:38 AM
I don't know about free, but there are other solutions. You can get Opera Mobile for around $30. or you can try some of those pre-load places like Skweezer and what not

2rvr
10-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I checked out Opera Mobile, however it doesn't appear to be compatible with the moto q. And Opera Mini (free), doesn't support Verizon.

Jerry Raia
10-18-2006, 01:13 AM
MS really needs to make the mobile web browser more functional. They left quite a bit out of it. As mature as the mobile OS is getting a lot of the built in stuff is still kind of primitive. Pocket Outlook is another that comes to mind.

scottb
10-18-2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I checked out Opera Mobile, however it doesn't appear to be compatible with the moto q. And Opera Mini (free), doesn't support Verizon.
Opera Mini will run on the Q if you install the IBM J9 Java environment. However, last time I tried the phone vibrated every time data was transferred. Someone else reported on another forum that the vibrate issue was fixed, but I haven't tried it recently.
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/wireless/weme/