View Full Version : red "hang-up" button works sporadically

ditch_azeroth
10-04-2006, 11:22 AM
anyway, i have an i-mate sp5m (thanks to this website ^_^). i have upgraded to the latest rom available from imate and noticed the same problem when im making calls. let's say i am dialing a number, sometimes, when i press the red "hang-up" button, it doesn't work. when i reboot, sometimes, the hang-up button works, sometimes it doesn't. i'm starting to think that it is because of some applications that i terminate using task manager... but i just can't figure out which. for sure, i am not terminating telshell.exe or appman.exe... so it should be something else. any thoughts?

oh yeah... i hope in the right thread ^_^

Mike Temporale
10-04-2006, 01:48 PM
The SP5m is more known for joystick problems than key problems. :?

I'm thinking it might have something to do with a program you've installed. Have you tried to hard reset the device and see if it happens before you install any applications? Not the best solution, but it would sure help to narrow things down. :(

ditch_azeroth
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
i gotta tell you mike, the joystick problem is a universal problem on all HTC devices. pardon the conspiracy theory-like contention but i think that htc subcontracted (or purchased) their joysticks from the same relatively sub-standard joystick producing company. i can even narrow down the problem. the machines that they use to make joysticks is a wee bit mis-aligned such that the joysticks made by that machine are usually mis-aligned clockwise. how do i know? when i still had my voyager, i'd get this problem all the time. what i would do is open up my fone and gently force the joystick counterclockwise - then it's all good. i tried this same procedure on a friend's xphone - same thing. i could probably account for at least 10 similar separate incidents in my hometown as well as other cities here in the philippines, and a few xphones, xphoneIIs, c500s, tanager, etc.

as for the keypad problem, i think it's more on software. ever since i refrained using binary's task manager, i stopped encountering this problem. the next project i'm going to do is format my phone and check which running processes are the essentials - but i never had time to do it yet. oh well. cheers ^_^