View Full Version : Reminder to call a contact

Hyer
10-03-2006, 12:45 AM
I used to have a Sony/Ericson, that had a great feature and am looking for something similar for SmartPhones.

With the app, you could add a task/reminder to call a contact, and quickly insert the contact and which of their numbers to dial when the reminder went off.

When the time came, the reminder would pop up asking, "'Call Bob Now?", if you hit the yes soft key, it would dial them, the other soft key was a selecter for dismiss, or snooze 5, 15 or 30 minutes! I used it all the time! Any suggestions?

Mike Temporale
10-03-2006, 01:56 AM
That does soung like a cool application. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything like that for the Smartphone. :( Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't out there. It may be, I just haven't seen it. If you find something like that, let us know.

ARW
10-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Oxios To-Do List has this functionality built-in, though the interface isn't optimized and so it takes a fair number of button presses to enter all the info. Not including the search for a contact and number it takes a minimum of about a dozen key presses to set up a to be called task. When your reminder then pops up you can dismiss or snooze it, but you then have to open Oxios To-Do, find the item and highlight it, press four more keys to finally initiate the call.

It's not horrible, but as I said it's not optimized for this.

zilla31
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
damn this actually sounds like a very cool idea for an app (if one doesn't exist)...