View Full Version : "Filter" feature for my Contacts ... How to save these settings?

ajk8865
10-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I want to have all of my MS Outlook contacts reside on my Cingular 2125 phone, but I don't want to have to scroll through all of them each time I view my Contacts list. The best way I've found to do this is to use the Filter feature within my phone's contact list (Contacts --> Menu --> Filter), and then select just the categories that I would like to view each time I pull up my contacts on the phone. Unfortunately, the Windows Mobile 5 "Filter" feature, unlike the "View By" feature, does not save the settings each time you go into your Contacts list.

Does anyone have a good alternative to this, or better yet, some code that would save the Filtered contacts each time I pull of the Contacts list?

Mike Temporale
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Please don't cross post your messages in our forums. You only need to post it once. Our users will find it and offer any help they can. I have deleted the other posts.

In regards to your contacts; I have over 200 contacts on my device and I never scroll through them. The Smartphone has a cool feature called SmartDial. From the home screen or from the contacts page just start dialing the name or number of the person you're looking to call. But dial it in T9 fashion. So push the key only once regardless of the letter you're looking for. So if I was to dial "Mike" I would push 6-4-5-3. The phone will automatically filter the contacts to ones that match what you have entered. You'll find there is nothing faster. 8)

ajk8865
10-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm familiar with the SmartDial feature and usually use it when searching for a name/number, however, for various reasons like to scroll through the list instead. That's why I was wondering if anyone was familiar with a method for saving the filtered contact list.