View Full Version : Flash player application for the Q ?

azdps
10-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Does anyone know of an applical Flash player download for the Q, or any Smartphone for that matter. NUMUROUS Google searches and Adobe web site searches have yealded nodda. A .CAB file download preferably. I'm assuming I could use it due to websites requiring it. But I also know what
'Assuming' does...Thanks in advance !

Mike Temporale
10-01-2006, 01:27 PM
If I recall correctly, I don't think there is a Flash player for the Smartphone. There is one for the Pocket PC, but not the Smartphone. :?

azdps
10-02-2006, 12:47 AM
If I recall correctly, I don't think there is a Flash player for the Smartphone. There is one for the Pocket PC, but not the Smartphone. :?

"Any Pocket PC device that runs Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 2002, Pocket PC 2002 or Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition OS. These include devices from HP, Dell, Toshiba, and others. For a full list of supported devices visit the Microsoft Windows Mobile web site."

**I found the above with a link to there, but as of yet....still searching. I did though, get the Flash Player to "download" and start twisting like it does when it's complete; on my XV6700 when I had it. And that was going through the steps as if I was on my P.C. 8O Thanks Allot for your Reply though ! I still B learn'n bout dis type of Mobile phone... :roll:

Mike Temporale
10-02-2006, 02:08 PM

"Any Pocket PC device that runs Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 2002, Pocket PC 2002 or Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition OS. These include devices from HP, Dell, Toshiba, and others. For a full list of supported devices visit the Microsoft Windows Mobile web site."

Like I said, there's no Smartphone version of the Flash Player. ;) The Motorola Q runs Windows Mobile Smartphone. Which is different than Windows Mobile Pocket PC. The biggest difference is that the Pocket PC has a touch screen. However, there still are other differences.

Anyway, the point is that you won't find a Smartphone version of Flash Player. Adobe hasn't made one available yet, and there's no indication that they are working on one either. I hope they are, but I wouldn't count on it. Sorry.

azdps
10-03-2006, 12:10 AM

Like I said, there's no Smartphone version of the Flash Player. ;) The Motorola Q runs Windows Mobile Smartphone. Which is different than Windows Mobile Pocket PC. The biggest difference is that the Pocket PC has a touch screen. However, there still are other differences.

Anyway, the point is that you won't find a Smartphone version of Flash Player. Adobe hasn't made one available yet, and there's no indication that they are working on one either. I hope they are, but I wouldn't count on it. Sorry.

:( O.K. I get the Picture...Thanks very much for taking the time for the help ! * A "Refreshing" change in Forums here.... :wink:

tblain
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Like I said, there's no Smartphone version of the Flash Player. ;)

This is not completely true. Where yes there is no Flash Player for Windows Mobile Smartphone there is Flash Lite 2.1 for WM5, that I have used on my Moto Q. The problem is, that you have to have flash programs that support/authored for Flash Lite.

I think this is Adobe's answer for the mobile world. Just like where websites now have two structures--one for desktop and one when you connect with a mobile device--Flash 8 developers can create two Flash environments--one for desktops and one for mobile devices.

Here's a link: Adobe Flash Lite (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashlite/)

Hope this helps.