View Full Version : How do I put a theme on my smartphone?

lincn
09-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Okay this maybe a really stupid question but I am having a hell of a hard time doing this...Ifound a few really cool themes on the inernet useing my pc I downloaded the themes to my pc and then I tried to drag and drop them into my "home" file in my smartphone which kinda works but when I go inside my Motorolla Q to settings- home screen- background image. the theme I draged isn't there. What the hell am I doing wrong or what is it that I need to do in order to get the themes I find on my smartphone?

-linc :?:

Mike Temporale
09-19-2006, 01:12 AM
It depends on the type of theme file you downloaded. Some people package them up into a CAB or HME file. In this case, you just copy these to any folder on your Smartphone. Then open file manager on your Smartphone, browse to the files and run them.

If all you downloaded was a XML file, them copy if directly to your \application data\home folder.

If you downloaded a zip file, unpack this on your computer and see what type of file is inside. Take action as listed above. ;)

Try that and let us know. 8)

brian121
12-19-2006, 12:18 AM
My friend, you didn't tell us that which theme you installed. Couple of days ago I installed "Symbios" theme into my new smart phone, and installation is easy too. I just rename the .hme file with a .zip extension. then locate the image file (.jpg) and an XML (config) file. Then put both of these in the \windows directory on my SmartPhone and viola!!! It's working.

Peter121
01-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Hi friends, just like lincn, I am also new to the 2005 Smartphone areana and I just picked up a Blackjack. I am dissatisifed with the "themes" that come with it, the Windows themes all require scrolling on the Blackjack where as on a 8125/8525 there is more vertical screen real estate for it to work. Are there any worthy "themes" to use that gives a real dashboard look and feel to the party? and which also help me in cell phone bling (http://www.free-ringtone-download.org)???