View Full Version : how do i get activesync to sync a different calendar in outlook?

zilla31
09-13-2006, 08:41 PM
activesync is syncing my "primary" calendar w/ my SP (which isn't where i store appts), though i'd like it to sync a different outlook calendar (the one where my appts actually live). any idea how to tell it to do this?

- frustrated!

Mike Temporale
09-14-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't think you can't sync with a secondary calendar. I'm not 100% on that. But I'm pretty sure it just deals with the default outlook account.

zilla31
09-14-2006, 01:19 PM
the funny thing is, it's already syncing w/ my calendar in "personal folders" but it's syncing w/ my contacts and tasks in "mailbox" (the primary set). really, really weird. and really, really annoying!!

Jerry Raia
09-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Are you using an exchange server?

zilla31
09-19-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm using exchange but not connecting to it "directly". i found out the problem though in case anyone's interested. outlook 2007 doesn't (yet) support directing your exchange mail, calendar, and tasks to "personal folders" like outlook 2003 (which would allow you to sync w/ personal folders as the default RATHER than the exchange "mailbox" as default). I'm in a kind of cludgy situation now where i have to keep copies of everything on the exchanger server to get it syncing w/ my SP. no worries but kind of a pain.