View Full Version : subscription music, wm 10 mobile, and melt downs

YPcma
09-06-2006, 04:31 PM
So what could be sweeter than consistently being able to put 2 gigs of fresh music on your phone that is always with you? That's what I thought when I was using my free trial of URGE (the rhapsody rip off by microsoft). It was really cool until I recently had a melt down on my 2125. Problems started when I downloaded protected media (from URGE the new program that comes with windows media player). I have a 2 gig mini sd card in my phone so I downloaded a bunch of stuff then a few days later the files corrupted and I had to clean off the card. After that happened a few times my phone totally went crazy on me and began searching for signal when it already had full bars! So I couldn't send or receive calls. So I called Cingular and they sent me a new phone.

So freak occurrence or is the phone just not capable of what I want it to do? What do you guys think?

Mike Temporale
09-06-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing it's a freak event, but I can't say for sure. I don't recall anyone else reporting such an issue. I don't use any of the subscription services so I can't really say.

YPcma
09-07-2006, 01:15 PM
see thats what I am scared of. I want to try putting on new music from URGE, but I havent heard one way or the other if anyone knows for sure. I dont really want to go through the hassle of replacing another phone. So for now I am just using media that I own with regular rights. Has anyone else ever tried putting subscription music on their phone?

Jason Dunn
09-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Unfortunately I've cancelled my Napster subscription, and being in Canada I can't use Urge at all, so I'm afraid I can't help here at all. :(

I'd be VERY surprised if some DRM'd music files would screw with the radio stack on your phone...that's just plain bizarre.