View Full Version : Memory Shortage on SmartFlip

davidwsica
08-31-2006, 03:02 PM
I've had the SmartFlip for about 2 weeks and I seem to be continually fighting available memory issues. I've moved my IE cache to the card, installed most programs to the card if they will run there (most will except SplashID), and tried to delete obviously unnecessary files but I'm still only about 1MB free space. Any other tricks out there for freeing up memory on the SmartFlip? Is there a way to store email on the card?

I'm just waiting for a smartphone with 128MB flash rom. I can't believe they load all these smartphones with just 64MB, it's truly crippling if you want to load anything on them.

Thanks,
David

Rocco Augusto
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I've had the SmartFlip for about 2 weeks and I seem to be continually fighting available memory issues. I've moved my IE cache to the card, installed most programs to the card if they will run there (most will except SplashID), and tried to delete obviously unnecessary files but I'm still only about 1MB free space. Any other tricks out there for freeing up memory on the SmartFlip? Is there a way to store email on the card?

I'm just waiting for a smartphone with 128MB flash rom. I can't believe they load all these smartphones with just 64MB, it's truly crippling if you want to load anything on them.

Thanks,
David

i cant wait for Smartphones with internal storage in the GBs... not the MBs :(

davidwsica
08-31-2006, 08:41 PM

Thanks,
David

i cant wait for Smartphones with internal storage in the GBs... not the MBs :(

Yea, that would be sweet but I won't hold my breath on that :) Based on prior roadmap maybe we'll see that in about 10 years?