View Full Version : The Most Popular Smartphone Accessory

Mike Temporale
08-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Screen protector and a case - These are the 2 must have accessories for my Smartphones and interestingly enough, I often hear people say otherwise for their devices. For me, I want to protect my screen from any scratches or smudges. The screen protectors are great for that, plus they make the screen more readable in the sunlight. As far as cases go, I don't like to put my phone in my pants pocket. That's for my spare change, and car keys. I'm not interested in scratching my phone. I would rather keep it tied to my belt where it's safe from the jingle of change.

I'm interested to see what accessory most people buy for their phones. If you could buy just one accessory with your phone, which would it be? Take a second and fill out our poll, let us know what accessory your phone must have. While memory cards and bluetooth headsets are a popular add-on, they can always be used on your next phone (for the most part) and screen protectors can't.

scottb
08-28-2006, 03:59 PM
While I'm right there with you on the screen protectors (I usually put on on the day I get a new smartphone), if forced to choose one accessory, I would choose a spare charger. That screen may be free of scratches, but it won't make a difference with a dead battery! Batteries in these CDMA Smartphone devices don't last long.

onlydarksets
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Has to be the screen protector - what good is anything else if you can't see the screen? Second in line is a memory card.

SteveHoward999
08-28-2006, 07:23 PM
1, Screen Protector
2, Memory Card
3, GPS
4, Spare/extra charger :-)
5, Bluetooth headset.

OK no one asked for my top five, but you got them anyway :P

TopDog
08-28-2006, 07:46 PM
The first thing I do when I get a new SmartPhone is to connect my Bluetooth headsets with it.

Then I get a memory card if I don't have one that fits.

Rocco Augusto
08-28-2006, 10:40 PM
ive always found car chargers to be the hot seller. its one of those items that not everyone uses but a majority of people by "just in case".

Mike Temporale
08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
ive always found car chargers to be the hot seller. its one of those items that not everyone uses but a majority of people by "just in case".

I haven't had a car charger since my old Nokia crap-phone from many moons ago. I find that I can always give it a quick charge from my laptop if it looks like I might be running low on power.

Rocco Augusto
08-29-2006, 07:33 PM
I haven't had a car charger since my old Nokia crap-phone from many moons ago. I find that I can always give it a quick charge from my laptop if it looks like I might be running low on power.

you kids and your fancy technology. back in my day we had to hook up several hamsters in their exercise wheels to the batter port of our phones just to get a charge... we didnt even have fancy phones like you have today. no no no, we made our own phones out of cans and twine.... dont ask me why they needed batteries either, im not a scientist! ;)