View Full Version : Wanted: WM5 smartphone + USB 2 + QVGA

kkauffman
08-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Why is it so hard to find this combination? 8O

I use my phone as an MP3 player at the gym, and I like to change out the music regularly so USB 2 speeds are paramount for me...beyond that, it'd be nice to have QVGA screen resolution and WM5.

All phones I've looked at seem to have USB1.1 :x

It'd also be nice if whatever phone it was was a "supported" phone...meaning that the mfr gives some regular updates to include things like stereo-over-bluetooth ... that it's not an 'abandoned' phone.

Can anyone point me in a good direction?

THANK YOU!

Mike Temporale
08-22-2006, 07:53 PM
I think the only USB2 device out there is the Samsung i300. But that's got many other problems - like extremely poor battery life. Oh, and it doesn't run WinMo5.

USB2 is a common request / rant around these parts. No idea why it's been left out of the phones for so long.

encece
08-29-2006, 03:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140023740295

Buy my QTEK 8500.
It is not USB 2.0 as Mike said...but it has everything else you're looking for. PLUS, it's really thin and small with a great MP3 interface on the front.

Also, it's CID Unlocked, which means you can install ANY StrTrk ROM on it you wish. So if QTEK comes out with a better update before imate, then you can download the ROM from XDA-Developers and install it onto the phone.

aximilation
10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
The smart idea would be to take a phone such as the sp5m and use a minisd card, 1-2 gb would be good, and to transfer music, pop the card and put it in an adapter, that should be USB 2 right there. You may even have better luck if you look into faster cards, I'm not sure how that might affect it, but it's worth looking into. All I know is that they advertise 150X cards or something. Let me know if you find how this affects it.