View Full Version : Outlook 2000 Calendar Sync Not Working

dorelse
08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm brand spanking new to the Smartphone world...although I'm an old PDA junkie, with lots of years under my belt on Palm & PPC.

I just left my Treo 600 for a T-Mobile SDA...and I love it...love it.

I'm wondering if anyone will have an incite into a Calendar syncing problem I'm having at work. I'm running Outlook 2000 & AS 4.1.0 using a USB connection. E-mails & Contacts are syncing fine.

For whatever reason, Calendar entries from my laptop are not syncing down to the SDA, however, new Cal entries from the SDA do get up to Outlook.

I'm syncing to the Windows PC only as I'm unable to directly connect to the Server as I believe work has blocked access to it via AS, so all syncing is down to the local Windows 2000 PC.

Any ideas on why the Calendar wouldn't get copied down to the SDA, but entries on the SDA do make it up to the PC?

TIA

Mike Temporale
08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Strange... I'm guessing firewall, but that's just a guess. Are you able to disable the firewall and see if it works then? If I had to guess, I would say that the Firewall is the biggest single sync issue right now.

dorelse
08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Well, my office is flat out against PDA's unless they're black & squishy...they even go so far as to monitor our PC's for the AS .exe's & Palm .exe's and automatically remove them.

So it wouldn't surprise me to learn they were blocking calendar access.

My thought was that maybe my calendar is only stored on the Server, not locally, so the calendar is truly syncing, there's just no local data on my laptop to sync to, thus no calendar info is pulled down?

I was planning to replicate the calendar locally to my laptop and work offline to see if it would then sync up correctly.

Just a thought.