View Full Version : SMT-5600 maximum miniSD card size?

hotdram
08-13-2006, 04:40 AM
Was reading (an old) review of the SMT-5600 and it stated that the phone could handle up to 256mb storage cards.
Can anyone refute that (please)? I am in the market for a 1Gig card at Bestbuy tomorrow.

Thanks (someday I'll get rid of my antique ;) ),
~Rob

Mike Temporale
08-13-2006, 01:44 PM
It can handle much more than 256MB. I ran mine with a 512, but it could handle more. They only say a limit of 256 because that was the largest memory card available when the device was built. So if they said 1gb and when 1gb was released it had a different setup, then they would be in trouble.

You'll be fine. I've got a 2GB microsd on the way. I can plug it into the convertor and try it in my 5600 if you're really concerned. It should be here in a week or two.

hotdram
08-13-2006, 03:12 PM
They only say a limit of 256 because that was the largest memory card available when the device was built

Thanks Mike,
That was my assumption as well, as the review was about 2 years old.

Also, thanks for the offer of testing your 2GB microsd in your 5600, but I will be buying the 1GB today.

Still amazed at what that little phone is capable of, I just haven't utilized it to its full potential. I am constantly switching out maps and music on the little card I have now. Now I will be able to put most of the maps I need and tons of music on it. It will be my primary music storage system/player (through the aux input of my headunit) and will also serve as my GPS system in my truck.

~Rob

Sven Johannsen
08-13-2006, 10:12 PM
There's a 1G in mine. Works fine.