View Full Version : ringtone on t-mobile sda

sdagoofy
08-07-2006, 01:55 PM
how can I use mp3 files which are on the storage card as ringtones or alarm sound without copying them into the 'application data/sound' folder ?

The reason is that my standard memory from my sda is already full !

Thanks a lot !

celeceve
08-14-2006, 05:55 AM
I have the same problem but i don't want to change the default configuration of my phone. I would like to add one more directory where phone looks for ring tones but i don't know how to do that.... check this registry entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > ControlPanel > SoundCategories > Ring > Directory

celeceve
08-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Reading forums here i finally found the answer. Just put your mp3s ringtones in \STORAGE CARD\ directory.

porktr33
08-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Reading forums here i finally found the answer. Just put your mp3s ringtones in \STORAGE CARD\ directory.
Ok, more clarification please - did you edit your registry to point to the directory on the Storage card, ie, I create \STORAGE CARD\sounds\ringtones and add that path to the reg key? I'd try it myself but my mini-sd card is not yet here.

edit: I got the card and I changed the registry key to point to a directory on my storage card, but now I can't change the ring at all, it says all my ringtones are corrupt. Soooo, more details on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks.

fkuresa
08-24-2006, 08:08 AM
almost there- ringtones must be in wav- you will need to convert before adding to folder

porktr33
08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Ok on my TMo SDA I can use mp3 ringtones, alarms and alerts with no problem. I also found that the /Storage Card/My Documents folder will also work for ringtones (but NOT /Storage Card/My Documents/My Sounds or /Storage Card/My Documents/My Music) - CPS (the most excellent profile switching software) sees the sounds when I put them in /Storage Card/My Documents, so it's all good now.