View Full Version : Is Samsung's Blackjack Smartphone Coming to Cingular?

Mike Temporale
08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showtopic=12626' target='_blank'>http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showtopic=12626</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Well I just have been informed by a little birdy that the Samsung "Blackjack", a i320 with HSDPA will be comming to Cingular soon. As you know the Samsung i320 is Samsungs "Q killer" and this one comming to Cingular is a ramped up version, but of course this has NOT been confirmed yet but my sources are usually corrent 80% of the time. I can't wait for this device to come out, its due late Q4 or early next year."</i><br /><br />Mobile Gadget News is reporting that the Samsung Blackjack Smartphone is going to be released on Cingular's network. This news, if true would ensure a fabulous and exciting fall line up of devices across North America. However, I'm more than a little skeptical on this news. So far, Samsung has not even mentioned the North American market when talking about this, or their other new Smartphones. Plus, all the reports today show this as having the 900 band and not the widely popular North American 850. I hope it's true, but.... :(

Kris Kumar
08-04-2006, 01:47 AM
If it is not Quad band I won't buy it. I am guessing Samsung might plan to have two versions - one for Europe/Asia and one for US. :-(

Why, oh why can't Samsung switch to Quad band. For a Smartphone, especially like i320 with keyboard in a slim package, it is just a bad decision.

It is decisions like these that made Motorola's climb to the number 2 position easy.

For folks who want to check out the Blackjack, take a look here. (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11695)

Rocco Augusto
08-04-2006, 02:26 AM
if it is released, i wouldn't expect it until next year. the last person i talked to in cingular's offices couldnt stress enough that the 3125 is the last wm smartphone on the lineup until Q1 2007

Kris Kumar
08-04-2006, 02:33 AM
if it is released, i wouldn't expect it until next year. the last person i talked to in cingular's offices couldnt stress enough that the 3125 is the last wm smartphone on the lineup until Q1 2007

What? No Moto Q for Xmas or HTC Excalibur? :cry:

You are a spoil sport. And I don't like your source either. :(

Mike Temporale
08-04-2006, 03:32 AM
What? No Moto Q for Xmas

Moto said the Q would be ready for the carriers by the end of 2006. I don't imagine they will get it tested and released until Q1 2007.

Kris Kumar
08-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Moto said the Q would be ready for the carriers by the end of 2006. I don't imagine they will get it tested and released until Q1 2007.

What is this? Why all this negativity? :( Let's think happy thoughts, positive thoughts.

nskgti
08-04-2006, 04:13 AM

You're talking to the wrong people...