View Full Version : MSFP for SDA

robgreen
07-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know when T-mobile is going to get around to making the upgrade available? I thought it was supposed to be in June.

Mike Temporale
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
We haven't heard anything. I would have expected it by now. Hopefully it's coming real soon.

Gavino1212
11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is MSFP?

Mike Temporale
11-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is MSFP?

MSFP = Messaging and Security Feature Pack.

It's part of AKU (Adaption Kit Update) 2.0 I think. Basically, it addes and fixes a number of small things. One "small" thing it adds is MSFP. The messaging and security feature pack is required to use the new Direct Push - Always On Email from Microsoft.

jeffreybluml
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I have read on other forums that T-Mobile changed their mind and wont be supporting a firmware upgrade for the SDA. I asked a rep (level 2 technical help person) on the phone if that was true and he said he couldn't comment. Which, to me, means it's true...

Bunch of losers...

So, I went ahead and put the imate sp5m 2.6.33 ROM on my SDA. Runs great. Couple downsides, but nothing you can't find a good solution for. For instance, no more holding down the # key to switch between vibrate and ring...oh well...

Of course, I could be wrong, and I'll hope that I am. However, anybody notice the software page for the SDA over at the HTC support page (http://america.htc.com/support/) is gone? It used to have the 1.9.xxx ROM and the clearvue suite there, now the page is gone. I can't decide if this supports my suggestion that they're not doing it, or if it means they're just getting ready to put it on the site. Been this way for about a week...

Mike Temporale
11-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Of course, I could be wrong, and I'll hope that I am. However, anybody notice the software page for the SDA over at the HTC support page (http://america.htc.com/support/) is gone? It used to have the 1.9.xxx ROM and the clearvue suite there, now the page is gone. I can't decide if this supports my suggestion that they're not doing it, or if it means they're just getting ready to put it on the site. Been this way for about a week...

hard to say. It could be pulled because they're updating it. Or because it's not being supported anymore. That's too bad. My guess is that it's a goner. It's been almost a year now, and they just released a new Smartphone. Hopefully they have plans for another candybar Smartphone soon.

jeffreybluml
11-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Thankfully, I still ahve the t-mo stock ROM on the PC at home. :)

So, if anybody, in the future, needs it - let me know...

Thanks,

orgwizard
11-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I've called t-mo many times asking when the update would be available and have always either got some run around or been told it's coming.

And after six months of waiting, and seeing the mda getting an update, I called to find out if I could switch phones. Of course, the only thing they would offer was for me to just purchase the mda at regular cost.

I feel I and many others have been lied to. There have been many other devices with the update, including the similar imate, yet nothing for the SDA. And when I bought that phone, I was told the update would be coming. That was for me one of the primary reasons of buying the phone...now I'm hearing more and more that there won't be an update yet T-mobile's not admitting to it. I'm pretty pissed off considering this was a $300 phone.

Gavino1212
11-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I talked to a Tmo level 1 or 2 tier tech about a month ago who was very personable and told me that the SDA won't be getting the rom update and the Dash pretty much has the bugs fixed in it's rom. He told me the rom update was available for the MDA but won't be for the SDA.

I don't think he knew why, but we have to remember that the tech support goes by what thy're told pretty much. they may be given information at one point, but they probably have no control in the decision making process and yes it can be pretty frustrating.

I liked my SDA, but the Dash is way super cooler than the SDA. Is that bad grammer?

Would be nice though to find a way to edit the xT9 area to remove typos and other things. xT9 pretty much remembers everything that is ever inputted!.

Have a fine SMT day!

Mike Temporale
11-24-2006, 06:15 AM
I liked my SDA, but the Dash is way super cooler than the SDA. Is that bad grammer?

yeah, it just might be. But it's ok because you're talking about a cool Smartphone. :lol: ;)