View Full Version : Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile USA Top Customer Care Survey

Jerry Raia
07-27-2006, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=26940' target='_blank'>http://www.rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=26940</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile USA Inc. tied for the top spot in the most recent J.D. Power &amp; Associates survey of wireless carrier customer care performance. Both carriers scored 104 points on the company’s scale, while the industry average was 99. Alltel Corp. came in second with 99 points, and Cingular Wireless L.L.C. and Sprint Nextel Corp. tied for fourth with a score of 95."</i><br /><br />Well it is nice to see these two come in at the top. Because of my new Q I am now with both Verizon and Cingular. So far I have to give Cingular good marks. I haven't dealt with Verizon much recently. In the past I wasn't too impressed with them. What are your experiences with your carrier?

bshpmark
07-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I have both T-Mobile and Sprint/Nextel (my phone is a Nextel). I have been very pleased with both companies customer service over the past several months. I have recently experienced some long hold times with T=Mibile PDA tech support, but with their callback feature they did call me back in a few minutes so no problem. Generally most problems have been resolved to my satisfaction and the one or two that weren't fixed immediately to my satisfaction got resolved quickly when I asked to be switched to Retentions.

Nextel has gotten about 1000% better in the past year or two. When I called about a billing question the other day, the rep was kind enough to tell me that I now qualified for a 15% discount instead of the 10% discount that I was getting on my government rate. He did not have to tell me this.

My only real gripe with any carrier is the 2 year contracts. That really sucks wind as far as I am concerned. With new devices coming out all the time I like to switch as often as I can. After a year with a device I am ready to move on to something new and not pay full retail for a new toy.

Mark

Kris Kumar
07-28-2006, 12:51 AM
I recently had to deal with Verizon; apart from the technical glitch on their billing system that slowed the process down for me, I was pretty impressed with the way the reps treated me. They called me back to let me know that the account had been set up properly. Like wise when I called to cancel after my 15 day trial, I was impressed by the service, it would have been quick, but the guy at the call center wanted to know my opinion about the Q after he heard that I was reviewing the unit. ;-) And by the way Verizon tech/data support department could use some improvement.

Cingular is by far my least favorite, I dread calling them. I am glad that once the things are setup, you dont have to worry.

T-Mobile, was with them for almost 3+ years, love them. They provide the best tech/data support.

Jerry Raia
07-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Verizon's tech support was always a problem as I recall. My first Smartphone was the i600 with them and it was a nightmare getting answers to technical questions.

Pete Paxton
07-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Verizon in my area is terrible. My wife is unfortunate to have them (because of work) and there customer service is long and awful. I think the results boast better for t-mobile since they probably have the least amount of customers and yet still come out on top.

djdj
07-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I've been with T-Mobile for 10 years now (since when they were VoiceStream) and have to rate them A++. Their tech support has always had an answer when I have called, and their rates are pretty much unbeatable. And they have really good coverage where I live too. :)