View Full Version : SP3i joy-button repair

MRNUTTY
07-26-2006, 05:38 PM
after a year of fun with my SP3i, the joy-button fell off.

i haven't been able to find a repair for this. does anyone know where to get the joy-button replacement? i can glue it on.

never could find a memory upgrade for it either - next to the button it's only other failing.

any help appreciated!

Mike Temporale
07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't know anyone that's offering memory upgrades for Smartphones :( PPCTechs does a great job with the PPC, but they don't seem very interested in the Smartphone market.

As for the joystick, I don't even know where you could get a new one. I would try picking up an old broken SP3i from ebay and using it for parts. Otherwise it's off to i-mate for repair and I would be worried about the price they will charge. :?

MRNUTTY
07-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks Mike, i thought not... i've never found anything either. had to give it one last attempt before i decommision the phone for a new JasJar.

Mike Temporale
07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
had to give it one last attempt before i decommision the phone for a new JasJar.

JasJar ! That's no phone, it's a brick with a keyboard. ;) Seriously, I found that to be the worst phone expereince I've had in a long time. Good luck!

ditch_azeroth
07-28-2006, 08:14 AM
one of my friends had the exact same problem... only worse. his little sister borrowed his phone to text a message and somehow forced the navstick so hard that it actually broke off...

...so what he did was went to computer shop and got one of those pointer things you find in laptop keyboards (between the letters G and H) and cut it up to fit his navstick... works for him so far...

but sticks like that are easier to find these days. just look for the closest one you could match and stick it on there... if you dare... ^_^